REVIEW OF WRONGFUL CONVICTIONS IN MOUNT VERNON, NEW YORK
Serious allegations of police misconduct by members of the Mount Vernon Police Department, including the framing of innocent people and the bringing of false charges have recently been reported in the news media:
- Corruption and Brutality Allegations Against Mount Vernon Detective Are Echoed by Civilian Complaints
- Mount Vernon Mayor Promises Review of Controversial Detective
- The Mount Vernon Police Tapes: In Secretly Recorded Phone Calls, Officers Say Innocent People Were Framed
- The Mount Vernon Police Tapes: In Secretly Recorded Calls, Officer Says Some Drug Dealers Operate With ‘Free Rein’
- The Mount Vernon Police Tapes: In Secretly Recorded Calls, Officers Allege Beatings In Custody and Illegal Strip Searches
The Exoneration Project is investigating whether factually innocent people have been convicted of crimes they did not commit in Mount Vernon, NY. If you are an innocent person convicted of a crime in Mount Vernon, or are aware of such a case, please fill out this form and someone from the Exoneration Project will be in touch.
To fill out the form click here.